Last week during our live coaching call inside of my signature program, Irresistible You, one of my dear clients asked a question about getting on the scale because she thought it would be up. In this episode, I’m sharing why you need to weigh in once a week so that you can change the relationship you have with yourself and stop attaching your self worth to the number on the scale.
Things Discussed in This Episode
- How I used to feel confident but immediately felt deflated with all the inner fat bitch chatter after weighing myself.
- How I used to attach all of my self-worth and validation on what the scale said.
- Why going scale free just doesn’t work because it keeps you in denial about reality.
- The scale is one tool in your tool box. It’s one metric. It’s just a number.
- Stop giving all your power away to a number from an inanimate object.
- I recommend weighing in once a week for a few reasons ; accountability, self-awareness, and course correction.
- There’s a million reasons why the scale fluctuates but it’s also a reason to take a hard look at your actions and get real with yourself about what you’re eating and what you’re doing. A lot of emotional eaters stay in denial.
- Every single time I had a huge weight gain, I stayed in denial about the scale b/c I emotionally couldn’t handle what it would say to me.
- Facing the truth is really the first step in taking action towards creating the life you crave.
- When you stop weighing in, then another week goes by, then another, and another…next thing you know you’re up 20 lbs and you act like you don’t know why.
- Avoiding the scale is you continuing to stay in denial, to stay into zombie walker mode.
- I also recommend weighing in once a week because it’s an opportunity to change the conversation with yourself and the relationship with yourself.
- I repeat a mantra before I even get on the scale = No matter what the scale says, it doesn’t define me as a person. It will not change how I feel about myself in this moment. It’s just a number, one number, one metric.
- Make a list of all the actions you took this week that you’re proud of before you step on the scale.
RSVP for My FREE Masterclass – September 15th, 2020
I’m hosting a free masterclass on Tuesday, September 15th at 8pm EST. I’ll be sharing more of my secrets to look and feel irresistible without another diet. Plus, I’m sharing all about my signature group coaching program and how you can get enrolled so that you can finally lose the emotional weight and create the life you crave. RSVP Here.
Listen To The Podcast Episode!
Head on over and listen to the Irresistible You podcast for this episode and more just like it. You can subscribe with iTunes, Stitcher, Google Music, or your fav podcast player. Search for Irresistible You. When you subscribe with a podcast app, you’ll get notified each time I publish a new episode.
Also, if the podcast has helped you, please leave a rating and review on iTunes. This helps me know what’s working and allows the podcast to be shown to other women who need to be part of our community. Leave your review here.
You can also stream the episode and listen right here:
Watch the Podcast on YouTube
Did you know I’m on YouTube? If you prefer to watch the podcast, check it out. Be sure to subscribe and get notified when I publish a new video.
Join the #IrresistibleYou Movement
Use the hashtag #IrresistibleYou on Instagram and across social media to show how you are creating and living an irresistible life. Use the hashtag to search for others who are going through the same journey with us! Plus, I’ll be re-posting and sharing some of my fav photos and stories.
Let’s Stay Connected!
The best place to connect and chat with me is on Instagram and my Irresistible You Facebook Group. You can also follow me on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest.