Today we are going to be talking about self love as an ongoing evolution and the hypocrisy of the body positivity movement. Here’s the deal: We aren’t meant to stay the same. Self love doesn’t mean staying the same. Self love is not this all or nothing concept. It’s actually quite the opposite. Unconditional self love is the not so glamorous stuff that magazines and influencers never talk about. The body positivity movement has gaslighted so many people into thinking they don’t need to work on their shit or that it is wrong to WANT to change your body. That is some toxic ass behavior right there and it needs to stop.
Topics Discussed in this Episode
- The hypocrisy of the body positivity movement and how it is toxic AF.
- It’s the ultimate form of toxic positivity as it only wants you to love yourself and never acknowledge that there may be things that need to change.
- That isn’t real love. That is denial and gaslighting. BP wants you to gaslight yourself into thinking everything is ok.
- Self love and body positivity doesn’t mean staying in a body you hate or one that makes you miserable.
- You get to decide when you want to change your body even if you didn’t want to a year ago.
- Unconditional self love is the not so glamourous type of love that is actually required to lose your weight and create the life you crave.
- Self love doesn’t mean adoring every single part of your body.
- It means being able to discern between wanting something out of self-hatred vs self-love.
- Whether it’s weight loss, plastic surgery, weight loss surgery, etc it should be done b/c you are emotionally ready for the change.
Listen To The Podcast Episode!
Head on over and listen to the Irresistible You podcast for this episode and more just like it. You can subscribe with Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, Google Podcasts, or your fav podcast player on your smartphone. Search for Irresistible You. When you subscribe with a podcast app, you’ll get notified each time I publish a new episode.
You can also stream the episode and listen right here:
Join The Podcast Discussion Group
Are you a member yet? It’s free! Come on over to Facebookand join the discussion for the podcast. Leave a comment telling me what your new weight loss goal is after listening to this episode.
Watch the Podcast on YouTube
Did you know I’m on YouTube? If you prefer to watch the podcast, check it out. Be sure to subscribeand get notified when I publish a new video.
Join the #IrresistibleYou Movement
Use the hashtag #IrresistibleYou on Instagram and across social media to show how you are creating and living an irresistible life. Use the hashtag to search for others who are going through the same journey with us! Plus, I’ll be re-posting and sharing some of my fav photos and stories.
Let’s Stay Connected!
The best place to connect and chat with me is on Instagram and my Irresistible You Podcast Discussion Facebook Group. You can also follow me on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest.