You may have noticed there wasn’t a new podcast last week. I woke up on Monday morning with an extreme case of Covid-19 fatigue. Emotionally and mentally exhausted from the past 6 months. More like anger, apathy, and burnout all rolled together.
Sometimes you just need a break from everything going on. That combined with being 6 months pregnant, hormonal, and the stress of moving – I needed some time to just BE. That’s what self-care is all about. It’s not all spa days and sushi dates. It’s also knowing yourself enough to know when you need a break. That is a form of self-care and that is what we are talking about in this week’s episode.
I want to break the stigma that self-care is indulgent and selfish. It’s not. It’s absolutely critical to your health and well being just like water and air.
Topics Covered in this Episode
- Self-care is not always a glamours indulgent day at the spa.
- True self-care is not a trending topic on social media.
- When did taking care of yourself become synonymous with selfishness?
- I can’t be a good mom, business owner, or wife if I’m putting myself last over and over again.
- True self-care is having radical self-awareness to know what you need.
- Self-care requires you to create an unconditional loving relationship with yourself.
- We need to break the stigma around needing a mental health day. Sick days are not just about being physically ill.
If you’re ready to learn if Irresistible You is a good fit for you, let’s hop on a Confidence Clarity Call to see if I can help you achieve your goals. Schedule your date and time. Click here to sign up.
Listen To The Podcast Episode!
Head on over and listen to the Irresistible You podcast for this episode and more just like it. You can subscribe with iTunes, Stitcher, Google Music, or your fav podcast player. Search for Irresistible You. When you subscribe with a podcast app, you’ll get notified each time I publish a new episode.
You can also stream the episode and listen right here:
Watch the Podcast on YouTube
Did you know I’m on YouTube? If you prefer to watch the podcast, check it out. Be sure to subscribe and get notified when I publish a new video.
Join the #IrresistibleYou Movement
Use the hashtag #IrresistibleYou on Instagram and across social media to show how you are creating and living an irresistible life. Use the hashtag to search for others who are going through the same journey with us! Plus, I’ll be re-posting and sharing some of my fav photos and stories.
Let’s Stay Connected!
The best place to connect and chat with me is on Instagram and my Irresistible You Facebook Group. You can also follow me on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest.