Bad body image is so deeply embedded in our culture and society and it has been festering for many years. It is an epidemic among women no matter their size or weight. I was scrolling IG and noticed an abundant amount of “thin” women that were body shaming themselves. My first gut reaction was to think, “You don’t have the right to complain!!” Then, my logic brain kicked in reminding me that these women are deeply wounded too, even though they don’t know what it’s like to be the “fat girl.” None of us have escaped diet culture and body image issues! I hear these women complaining about their weight or body type and I giggle b/c that’s actually MY goal weight or dream body! I’m fired up. Let’s chat.
Topics Discussed in this Episode
- The amount of women on IG who are not fat but are constantly body shaming themselves.
- The truth about what is really going on with women and their quest for perfection.
- Your words have impact!
- It goes back to that moment as the fat girl when your skinny friends ask you if they look fat in a certain outfit. Or when they say how fat they feel after eating, etc.
- I hear people complaining about their weight or body type and I giggle b/c that’s actually MY goal weight or dream body!
- I was doing some research for today’s episode and was listening to a heated conversation about Tess Holliday on the cover of Cosmo.
- They argued that she is glamourizing obesity and now women will want to be that fat or will give themselves permission to let themselves go.
- Well, the irony of that is that having unrealistically skinny models HAS been doing that for YEARS!
- Not having representation of what you look like is traumatic and damaging. It signals that you aren’t good enough.
- Back to the IG girls/moms – we need to normalize cscection scars, loose skin, and not bouncing back to the same body you had before.
- The moral of the story here is that you have to find it within yourself to love YOU as you are now.
- Most of your body image issues didn’t start with just being overweight.
- It’s embedded in our society and our culture. It’s both said and not said.
- What rules have you created about your self to protect yourself?
Listen To The Podcast Episode!
Head on over and listen to the Irresistible You podcast for this episode and more just like it. You can subscribe with Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, Google Podcasts, or your fav podcast player on your smartphone. Search for Irresistible You. When you subscribe with a podcast app, you’ll get notified each time I publish a new episode.
You can also stream the episode and listen right here:
Join The Podcast Discussion Group
Are you a member yet? It’s free! Come on over to Facebook and join the discussion for the podcast. Leave a comment telling me what your new weight loss goal is after listening to this episode.
Watch the Podcast on YouTube
Did you know I’m on YouTube? If you prefer to watch the podcast, check it out. Be sure to subscribe and get notified when I publish a new video.
Join the #IrresistibleYou Movement
Use the hashtag #IrresistibleYou on Instagram and across social media to show how you are creating and living an irresistible life. Use the hashtag to search for others who are going through the same journey with us! Plus, I’ll be re-posting and sharing some of my fav photos and stories.
Let’s Stay Connected!
The best place to connect and chat with me is on Instagram and my Irresistible You Podcast Discussion Facebook Group. You can also follow me on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest.