Hello Dolls! I am here to tell you this, couch potatoes and lazy women are not irresistible.
You need to get moving and take care of your body.
You only have one life to live and one body to worship.
|No Barbie. This is NOT Irresistible!
People often equate being “thin” with perfect health. Well, I don’t believe that is true. I also don’t believe you can be 450 lbs and be 100% healthy. There has to be a balance somewhere.
As of right now, I’m about 40 lbs overweight. All of my blood levels are perfect. Even at my highest weight they were in the normal zone but are much better today. My wake up call at 250 lbs was not having a period for almost a year! When I finally got my big ol’ butt in the doctor’s office, she warned me that I had to lose weight. That was the first time I had ever heard that from a doc. She set me up with a nutritionist and I started to get the weight off. I never knew back then that extra weight would stop my periods!
Even if you are not overweight, you need to make healthy choices in your diet and start moving more. I’ve had friends half my size, that can’t even get up a flight of stairs without gasping for air. We’ve all heard of “skinny” people having heart attacks. Science is science my friends. It will get you eventually if you don’t take care of your body.
There is nothing irresistible about diabetes, high blood pressure, clogged arteries, or taking 20 pills a day. If you know this is destined in your future (b/c of genetics), start doing something about it NOW. That doesn’t have to be the way you end up. There are things you can do to prevent it. How?
5 Tips for a Healthier, Irresistible YOU!
1. Eat a Balanced Diet – I’m pretty sure most of us know how. The challenge is applying it in real life. More veggies, fruits, fresh foods. Less processed foods and trips to the drive through!
2. Move More – You have to move your body to burn calories. There is no magic pill or solution. Exercise. Make it fun. Dance. What ever you desire. Like Nike says, Just Do It!
3. Worship Your Body – Take time for YOU. Get enough sleep. Drink water. Have a daily/nightly skin regimen. Mediate. These are all things that you can do to relax and worship the body you were born with. STOP negative self talks! You might hate your nose but get over it. You can’t change it (unless your rich and get some plastic surgery!). Accept YOU for YOU!
4. Create a Lifestyle of Health – You can’t just change things for a few weeks or a few months. You have to develop habits.
Research shows that it takes at least 21 days to develop a new habit. Don’t give up!
5. Replace Bad Habits – You can still hit the drive through but replace those fries for something healthier. Try a grilled chicken sandwich instead of a greasy burger. See what I mean? Replace something bad for something better!
|Isn’t that comforting?!? You don’t have to look perfect but make sure you take care of yourself.
Forever and Ever!!!
It’s not about doing any of these things temporarily or until you lose the weight for an event. It’s FOREVER. You have to make it a lifestyle change. I know I heard those words for years. Well, it’s finally clicking and I’m making habits and kicking bad ones to the curb. If you don’t, you’ll be on the same vicious cycle forever.
It’s not easy. I can attest to that. I’ve lived this. I’m living it and I know from experience. However, anything is possible and it’s possible if you’re willing to change and believe in yourself. That is all part of becoming, Irresistibly YOU!
Did you read the other rules of the Irresistibly YOU series yet? Check them out here!
How will you start worshipping your body?
“You must do the thing you think you cannot do.”~Eleanor Roosevelt~