The most challenging part of the weight loss journey is addressing the emotional weight that is holding you down. It’s never just about the food – it’s about WHY you’re using food as a relief and escape from your life. In this episode, I’m getting pretty personal about what’s been going on for me over the past few weeks. I was so angry over the past week that I have to constantly make food and weight a priority. I’m at a place in my life right now where I don’t have any margins left just for me and I’m exhausted from the pandemic, the isolation from it, and becoming a new mom again while also running a business with two kids at home.
So, the thought of having to plan my meals, take my walks, journal, and tune into my emotions had me so pissed off. I kept looking at it as ONE more thing I have to do when I’m already emotionally and mentally spent. So, out of my rage I took my foot off the gas and stopped weighing in, stopped tracking, and stopped planning. Ignorance is not bliss when it comes to your weight loss journey. I’m going to share with you 5 things you can do right now to stop the zombie walking cycle and take accountability for what you want.
Topics Discussed in this Episode
- A recap of how I did in March with the 6K a day challenge.
- How the zombie walking out started with a slow burn and how it all compounded.
- The exhaustion of becoming a new mom, the pandemic, no social life, and having no margins in my life to think or just be with myself.
- When you have no relief you use food because it’s something to look forward to.
- The anger of having to always be conscious about what I’m eating, how much, tracking, etc.
- How to break this cycle so that you don’t “wake up” in 6 months or a year and wonder what the hell happened and why you gained weight again.
- Face the music. Get on the scale. It’s an opportunity to change the conversation with yourself and to make a decision.
- Start planning your food the night before and stick to the plan! Food should not be a decision you have to make in the moment b/c instant gratification always wins.
- Feed your soul with personals development podcasts, imagery, books, etc.
- Find relief other than food and TV. Walking, nature, meditation, prayer, friends, etc.
- Start journaling all of your thoughts so you can process everything.
Listen To The Podcast Episode!
Head on over and listen to the Irresistible You podcast for this episode and more just like it. You can subscribe with Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, Google Podcasts, or your fav podcast player on your smartphone. Search for Irresistible You. When you subscribe with a podcast app, you’ll get notified each time I publish a new episode.
You can also stream the episode and listen right here:
Join The Podcast Discussion Group
Are you a member yet? It’s free! Come on over to Facebook and join the discussion for the podcast. Leave a comment telling me what your new weight loss goal is after listening to this episode.
Watch the Podcast on YouTube
Did you know I’m on YouTube? If you prefer to watch the podcast, check it out. Be sure to subscribe and get notified when I publish a new video.
Join the #IrresistibleYou Movement
Use the hashtag #IrresistibleYou on Instagram and across social media to show how you are creating and living an irresistible life. Use the hashtag to search for others who are going through the same journey with us! Plus, I’ll be re-posting and sharing some of my fav photos and stories.
Let’s Stay Connected!
The best place to connect and chat with me is on Instagram and my Irresistible You Podcast Discussion Facebook Group. You can also follow me on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest.