If you have 50 or more pounds to lose, it can feel defeating before you even begin your weight loss journey. You feel so uncomfortable in your body right now, that it doesn’t FEEL like the effort you’re putting in is even putting a dent in how you look or feel. Impatience comes when you are living between feeling pissed off about how much weight you’ve gained but also feeling defeated about how much weight you still have to lose.
But, if you give up because you get impatient, where does that lead you? Right back to where you started, feeling fat and miserable, putting your life on hold because you think this weight loss thing is just too hard and you’ll never be able to do it. The yo-yo diet body hate shame cycle just keeps on spinning.
In this Irresistible You podcast episode, I’m sharing 4 ways you can practice patience with yourself in your weight loss journey.
Topics Discussed in This Episode
1. Sit the Discomfort.
- You are going to feel like shit for awhile as your body gets used to the new changes.
2. Meet Yourself Where You Are
- Meet yourself where you are and mindfully acknowledge that this is the body you’re currently in and that you are working towards your weight loss goals.
- Acknowledgement is not the same as acceptance. You don’t have to “accept” that this is how you have to stay. You can simultaneously work on losing weight while also improving the relationship you have with yourself and your body.
- The anguish and hatred comes from not sitting in where you are and wanting to
3.Throw Away Self-Imposed Weight Loss Timelines
- Throw away the self-imposed timeline for losing weight.
- It is tempting to fall for a shiny BS diet that promises super fast results with little to no effort b/c you’re so desperate to NOT feel like shit in your own skin.
4. Stop Focusing on the Final Destination
- The journey IS the goal.
- The journey IS where the magic happens and where you learn how to change your life – not just how to lose weight.
- How you get there is who you’ll be when you arrive.
- Look at losing weight in 10 pound decades and not the entire number at once.
Listen To The Podcast Episode!
Head on over and listen to the Irresistible You podcast for this episode and more just like it. You can subscribe with Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, Google Podcasts, or your fav podcast player on your smartphone. Search for Irresistible You. When you subscribe with a podcast app, you’ll get notified each time I publish a new episode.
You can also stream the episode and listen right here:
Join The Podcast Discussion Group
Are you a member yet? It’s free! Come on over to Facebook and join the discussion for the podcast. Leave a comment telling me what your new weight loss goal is after listening to this episode.
Watch the Podcast on YouTube
Did you know I’m on YouTube? If you prefer to watch the podcast, check it out. Be sure to subscribe and get notified when I publish a new video.
Join the #IrresistibleYou Movement
Use the hashtag #IrresistibleYou on Instagram and across social media to show how you are creating and living an irresistible life. Use the hashtag to search for others who are going through the same journey with us! Plus, I’ll be re-posting and sharing some of my fav photos and stories.
Let’s Stay Connected!
The best place to connect and chat with me is on Instagram and my Irresistible You Podcast Discussion Facebook Group. You can also follow me on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest