As you know I’m doing Weight Watchers again and have been posting my weekly measurements each week, here on my blog. I wanted to share one of my “weight loss secrets” that I discovered last year. I’m not a huge fruit and vegetable lover, so I find it really hard to get in my required amount each day. However, I love smoothies! I want to share my healthy green smoothie recipe with you.
Healthy Green Smoothie 101
One of the things I love about making green smoothies is getting creative with different types of recipes. Even though they are green, you can’t taste the spinach because of the fruit. You can pretty much make a smoothie with any ingredients you would like as long as you follow this ratio:
- 50% leafy greens such as Kale or Spinach
- 50% fruits of your choice (I use strawberries and pineapples the most)
- Mix with water and/or ice
- Add a small amount of nuts or seeds if desired
Supplies You Need
I highly recommend investing in a Nutri Bullet if you plan on making a lot of green smoothies. It’s so simple to use and can also be used to create soups and sauces. Plus, if you are on the go, you can snap on a lid and take the shaker with you!
Ingredients You Need
- 2 cups of baby spinach leaves
- 1 cup of strawberries (frozen or fresh)
- 1 banana
1. Take a knife and cut the banana and strawberries into smaller pieces.
2. Combine all of the ingredients (including water) in your Nutri Bullet or blender.
3. Pour the green smoothie into a glass and don’t forget a fancy straw so you don’t mess up your lip gloss!
I typically drink my green smoothie early in the morning while I’m getting ready for work . . . hence the wet hair and zebra robe! If I don’t drink one in the morning, I usually have it before or after a workout.
Irresistible Healthy Green Smoothie Recipe for Your Dog
I originally made this recipe to share over at my pet blog, Irresistible Pets. If you have a dog, you can share this with them as it’s extremely healthy for them!
Have you tried a green smoothie yet? Leave a comment below and tell me all about it!