How do you take the first step towards weight loss when you feel too fat to even get started? You know the feeling when you feel too fat to move your body and too uncomfortable in your clothes. When you feel like this, it feels more comfortable to stay in your wet blanket of misery and sit on the couch, watch Netflix, and order all the food. In this episode, I’m going to teach you how to take the first step to build momentum, drop the all or nothing thinking, and kick start your weight loss journey with small steps.
Topics Discussed in This Episode
- How to take the first step to build momentum.
- The compound effect of not taking action vs taking action.
- Laying in the wet blanket on the couch versus standing up and taking the first step.
- You have to decide that the discomfort of taking the first step to get out of the wet blanket feels better than laying there in your own misery.
- Weight loss from a place of hustle, misery, hatred, panic, and desperation is never a good idea.
- Agreeing with yourself to not be perfect and ditch the all or nothing thinking.
- Acknowledging and allowing yourself to sit in the discomfort of the weight when everything feels hard, sluggish, and fat.
- Don’t focus on how much weight you need to lose. Breaking it down into manageable decades.
- Weight loss is the culmination of small steps.
- You have to change your thoughts that small steps means you’re not doing it fast enough…how is that better than just doing nothing?!?!
This episode is sponsored by my signature course and group coaching program, Irresistible You. If you’re ready to break the yo-yo diet/body hate shame cycle, enroll today! Enroll Here: Irresistible You Course and Coaching Signature Program.
Listen To The Podcast Episode!
Head on over and listen to the Irresistible You podcast for this episode and more just like it. You can subscribe with Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, Google Podcasts, or your fav podcast player on your smartphone. Search for Irresistible You. When you subscribe with a podcast app, you’ll get notified each time I publish a new episode.
You can also stream the episode and listen right here:
Join The Podcast Discussion Group
Are you a member yet? It’s free! Come on over to Facebook and join the discussion for the podcast. Leave a comment telling me what your new weight loss goal is after listening to this episode.
Watch the Podcast on YouTube
Did you know I’m on YouTube? If you prefer to watch the podcast, check it out. Be sure to subscribe and get notified when I publish a new video.
Join the #IrresistibleYou Movement
Use the hashtag #IrresistibleYou on Instagram and across social media to show how you are creating and living an irresistible life. Use the hashtag to search for others who are going through the same journey with us! Plus, I’ll be re-posting and sharing some of my fav photos and stories.
Let’s Stay Connected!
The best place to connect and chat with me is on Instagram and my Irresistible You Facebook Group. You can also follow me on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest.