Body Image is Not Your Weight, Your Fat Rolls, Loose Skin, or Your Cellulite
In today’s Irresistible You podcast episode, I want to address body image. There’s a lot of misconceptions about what body image means and I see it on the regular inside of my free podcast discussion group all the time. One of the questions I ask when you join is “what is your number one challenge with body image?” So often, I see answers like “weight, fat rolls, mom pooch, big thighs, etc.” Body image is not your weight, fat rolls, size, or cellulite.
Body image is about what that weight actually means to you. It’s about how you feel about your body.
This episode, I’m breaking down what body image is, why it matters, where it comes from, and what you can do about it to develop an “irresistible” relationship with yourself to stop the yo-yo diet/body hate shame cycle.
Topics Covered in This Episode
- The words that you use to describe yourself and your body are important.
- The reason “weight” is not body image.
- What body image actually means.
- Body image is not a surface level vanity issue. Poor body image infects every area of your life.
- When you don’t like what you see in the mirror, it changes the way you think and feel. That changes your actions. It ultimately leads to isolation, depression, more emotional eating, and essentially wasting your time and your life away.
- Where poor body image comes from.
- How these experiences form your identity as the “fat girl.”
- How to break the rules….and rewrite them.
- How to start before you’re ready.
- Stop waiting for the weight.
- Wear the cute clothes, the shorts now!
- Live your life!!!
Listen To The Podcast Episode!
Head on over and listen to the Irresistible You podcast for this episode and more just like it. You can subscribe with iTunes, Stitcher, Google Music, or your fav podcast player. Search for Irresistible You. When you subscribe with a podcast app, you’ll get notified each time I publish a new episode.
You can also stream the episode and listen right here:
Join The Podcast Discussion Group
Are you a member yet? It’s free! Come on over to Facebook and join the discussion for the podcast. Leave a comment with which step you relate to the most.
Watch the Podcast on YouTube
Did you know I’m on YouTube? If you prefer to watch the podcast, check it out. Be sure to subscribe and get notified when I publish a new video.
Join the #IrresistibleYou Movement
Use the hashtag #IrresistibleYou on Instagram and across social media to show how you are creating and living an irresistible life. Use the hashtag to search for others who are going through the same journey with us! Plus, I’ll be re-posting and sharing some of my fav photos and stories.
Let’s Stay Connected!
The best place to connect and chat with me is on Instagram and my Irresistible You Facebook Group. You can also follow me on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest.