“Addiction is giving up EVERYTHING for ONE THING. Recovery is giving up ONE THING for EVERYTHING!” That quote gives me chills. In this episode, we’re talking about the concept of food as an addiction. The real question is are you addicted to the food or the CYCLE of emotional eating? We also discuss what you’re giving up in your life and how “recovery” is the journey to become Irresistible You.
Topics Discussed in this Episode
- This quote gave me chills: “Addiction is giving up EVERYTHING for ONE THING. Recovery is giving up ONE THING for EVERYTHING!”
- The concept of food as an addiction.
- Are you addicted to the food or emotional eating?
- Are you really addicted to the food or are you addicted to the ritual of emotional eating?
- How the misery of the yo-yo diet/body hate shame cycle is actually comfortable. It is doing something for you or you wouldn’t do it.
- What are you giving up right now to put emotional eating first?
- What would you gain if you gave up the addiction to emotional eating?
Listen To The Podcast Episode!
Head on over and listen to the Irresistible You podcast for this episode and more just like it. You can subscribe with Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, Google Podcasts, or your fav podcast player on your smartphone. Search for Irresistible You. When you subscribe with a podcast app, you’ll get notified each time I publish a new episode.
You can also stream the episode and listen right here:
Join The Podcast Discussion Group
Are you a member yet? It’s free! Come on over to Facebook and join the discussion for the podcast. Leave a comment telling me what your new weight loss goal is after listening to this episode.
Watch the Podcast on YouTube
Did you know I’m on YouTube? If you prefer to watch the podcast, check it out. Be sure to subscribe and get notified when I publish a new video.
Join the #IrresistibleYou Movement
Use the hashtag #IrresistibleYou on Instagram and across social media to show how you are creating and living an irresistible life. Use the hashtag to search for others who are going through the same journey with us! Plus, I’ll be re-posting and sharing some of my fav photos and stories.
Let’s Stay Connected!
The best place to connect and chat with me is on Instagram and my Irresistible You Podcast Discussion Facebook Group. You can also follow me on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest.