Last week’s podcast episode was a huge hit and I received so many messages and comments about it. It sparked some great discussions and coaching inside of the Irresistible You client group too. One of my dear and lovely clients said (and I’m paraphrasing), “I am currently struggling with going down two journeys together (self love and weight loss). I just don’t know how to do them together. If I was in this same situation prior to taking this course I would have given up by now, but not the new me. I am showing up each and every day and not giving up. Doing the work. What I afraid of is because I am so new to irresistible you that I am not strong enough to take on both together. I am gaining the tools, but like I said earlier I still have a ways to go. But what if they are both just important. How do I handle it?”
Let’s stop referring to weight loss and self-love as two separate journeys. Here’s the thing: There is no weight loss….no lasting REAL weight loss without self-love. Weight loss that is real and life changing only comes from self-love. That’s why the yo-yo diet/body hate shame cycle never works.
Topics Discussed in This Episode:
- Hating your way to goal weight is doing only one thing – weight loss. It’s selling yourself short of the life you really deserve.
- There’s a misconception that if you just lose the weight, the confidence and self-love will come…except it doesn’t unless you’re intentional about creating an unconditional loving relationship with yourself.
- I know what you’re thinking. When you are busting at the seams, can’t breathe, feel awful about yourself, it feels like you just want to lose the weight as fast as possible and THEN worry about all of that other self-love stuff. Except that’s why you’re still fighting this beast. How many diets have you tried? How many times have you gained back the weight?
- Throw out the self-inflicted timeline about when you “should” lose all the weight. Who really cares if it takes longer IF you never have to gain it back again b/c you’re also gaining the tools to drop the inner fat bitch, change the relationship with you, and to stop attaching your self-worth to what the scale says. This is so much more than “just’ weight loss.
- We are so used to a quick fix. The shiny BS solution that promises 30 pounds in 30 days! BUT, what does that teach you? It teaches you all the same old BS thoughts you’ve had about yourself…that you’re only worthy when you’re losing weight FAST.
- Practice showing up for yourself – do what you say you’re going to do.
- Understand that the small things are THE things. Success is a culmination of all the small wins.
- Failure is part of the process. Stop looking at this as a journey that needs to be perfect. There is no before and after. There is no start and stop. There is then and now. Quitting is the only thing that will make you fail. It’s the thought you have about the “over eat”, not the over eat.
- Decide WHO you want to become. Not how much you want to weigh. What type of woman do you want to be? What kind of life do you want? How have you been hiding behind your weight?
- Stop running away from discomfort or uncomfortable emotions. “Every time something bad happens, I fall off my diet.” It’s not about the food. It’s about you not being able to feel your emotions or thinking that emotions are this horrible thing. Emotions are a compass.
- Change your inner dialogue because your thoughts are keeping you stuck. You need to drop the inner fat bitch chatter.
Listen To The Podcast Episode!
Head on over and listen to the Irresistible You podcast for this episode and more just like it. You can subscribe with Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, or your fav podcast app on your smartphone. Search for Irresistible You and subscribe. When you subscribe with a podcast app, you’ll get notified each time I publish a new episode.
Also, if the podcast has helped you, please leave a rating and review on iTunes. This helps me know what’s working and allows the podcast to be shown to other women who need to be part of our community. Leave your review here.
You can also stream the episode and listen right here:
Watch the Podcast on YouTube
Did you know I’m on YouTube? If you prefer to watch the podcast, check it out. Be sure to subscribe and get notified when I publish a new video.
Join the #IrresistibleYou Movement
Use the hashtag #IrresistibleYou on Instagram and across social media to show how you are creating and living an irresistible life. Use the hashtag to search for others who are going through the same journey with us! Plus, I’ll be re-posting and sharing some of my fav photos and stories.
Let’s Stay Connected!
The best place to connect and chat with me is on Instagram and my Irresistible You Facebook Group. You can also follow me on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest.