- Get up and get ready. Coordinate outfit. Do hair. Do makeup. Take out puppy. Feed puppy.
- Go to work and put in a 9 hour day with a never ending to-do list.
- Take care of the house. The maid never seems to show up. Errr.
- Work out (grumble, grumble)
- Make dinner . . .oh and don’t forget planning out breakfast and lunch 7 times a week!
- Journal everything that goes in mouth.
- Take care of the puppy. That’s a full-time job. Seriously.
- Go tanning. Tan fat looks better. Just sayin’. Hey, at least it’s a 15 minute nap.
- Plan a wedding. No biggie, right?
- Manage a blog.
- Become a successful entrepreneur and leave my dreaded 9-6 ASAP!
- Maintain relationships with friends and family.
- Maintain a hot, steamy, yet emotionally balanced relationship with man.
- Try to accomplish all the cute little projects seen in blogs and magazines that make me feel worthless b/c I don’t have the time or energy to do them!!!
- Check 2 email accounts, Facebook, Twitter, Wedding site, etc.
- Try to have a social life . . .
AHHH!!!!!! Enough already!
This is just the tip of the iceberg for my daily “to-do” list. I am a perfectionist and I want to get it all done in the same day. I’ve come to realize that is just not realistic.
Staying up until 4am and getting up at 7am just isn’t cutting it anymore. Plus it doesn’t fall in line with living a better life and not being the “fat bride.” Sleep needs to be on the list too!
At work, everyone always kids me about my “to-do” lists. I never leave the office without putting together a to-do list for the next day. It keeps me focused and ready to start the next day fresh. I always find that putting my thoughts and tasks on paper helps to purge it from my head and keep me on point.
With planning my wedding this October, my to-do list has grown into a mountain! I started using a notebook to jot down and categorize all my tasks for the wedding, the house, and other long-term projects. That way I can visually see what is ahead and it doesn’t seem so overwhelming when it’s swarming around in my brain.
I also invested in a wedding planning binder called “The Complete Wedding Planner & Organizer.” It has tabs and folders by category (ceremony, flowers, music, etc) that organizes information such as contracts, pictures, ideas, etc. It even comes with helpful planning sheets, inspirational pics, and tips for the big day. It’s been a total life saver for me!
I have the first edition, which is purple. You can purchase it on Amazon for around $11-20. That is way less than I paid at Borders! See the link to the left if you are interested.
I love technology but I’m a bit old school when it comes to this method. I just find that it keeps everything top of mind and is a better visual when I can hold it and see it!
Do you use a to-do list? What types of systems do you use to maintain your sanity throughout the day and/or week?