I have been slacking on the Wednesday Wedding column. My apologies cupcakes! I am going to feature Engagement Pics as the topic for this week.
Why? Well, because I am in the middle of finishing my wedding website and ordering Save the Date magnets. A nice set of engagement pics come in handy for both of these tasks. It just looks a hell of a lot better than a self portrait taken by the two of you after you’d had one too many rum n cokes. Ya know?
Well, I am not going to duplicate the tips that are plastered out on the web. I am going to give you my advice based on the photo shoot the Fusband and I did back in September.
- Research various photographers and don’t book them unless you are comfortable. We ended up canceling the first photographer due to her lack of profressionalism.
- LOOK at the pics on their blog and/or website. If they don’t have an online portfolio, I’d find someone else, pronto!
- Pick out outfits that your both comfortable in and reflect your everyday style. Nothing too formal. That would just be ridiculous. Save that for the wedding day.
- We were told not to wear black and white. Well, somehow we broke the rules and ended up with black, white, and gray. The pics came out great. Their YOUR pics 🙂
- Do a photojournalistic session instead of a posed, studio session. It just looks more fun, romantic, and really does show the true side to your relationship.
- Ask the photographer for tips on how to be comfortable in front of the camera, if your not.
- Ladies, I HIGHLY recomend getting your make-up professionally done. The pics should be natural but it takes a pro to get the right amount on so that it shows up correctly. I went to Mac to see my favorite artist that morning.
- Also, you might want to get your hair styled professionally so that you look polished.
- Get enough sleep the night before. Very important!
- Select a location that means something to the two of you. We shot in 2 seperate locals.
- Have fun with it and enjoy every part of the day.
There are so many other tips, but I don’t want to bore you. I will share some of our favorite pics with you. I actually want to do them again because this was in September and I was about 20 lbs heavier and my hair style has totally changed….ha-ha. Such a diva mentality, I know