One of the most common excuses that we use when it comes to losing weight is “I don’t have time to lose weight right now.” Well, I’m gonna let you in on a little secret . . . losing weight doesn’t take time. It takes decisions. It requires giving up the fat girl identity in order to become the “irresistible you” version of yourself. It requires you to change your thoughts about yourself. It requires you to change your thoughts about what weight loss means. You are always one decision away from changing your life. It takes the same amount of time to decide to eat a salad or a cheeseburger. Weight loss is just about a series of decisions that you make over time. In this episode, I’m going to help you break down your BS story about weight loss taking too much time.
Topics Discussed in This Episode
- Ask yourself the question: “Why do I think weight loss takes too much time?”
- Your old diet mentality is why you think this. These BS fad diets DID take a lot of time. They were restrictive. They had us out here running crazy. I remember the 6 week diet. You had to eat like 8 or 10 times a day. It was ridiculous. When you have a lifetime of BS fad diets loaded in your brain, of course you think it’s going to take too much time. You don’t allow yourself room for mistakes in this situation b/c those diets didn’t have any margin for actually living your life.
- You have a BS story that you have created about why weight loss is time consuming because of “how” you’ve tried to lose weight in the past. You have to change that story.
- These are some of the reasons why you’ve built that story.
- You Need an Easy Out with Permission to Quit. You’re so terrified to declare that you’re starting a weight loss journey because you’re terrified you’ll fail. That’s b/c you’ve equated having a cupcake or a dinner out as a failure. Saying there’s no time or now isn’t the perfect time is an easy to excuse to blame your circumstances and people around you for the reasons why you’re not willing to change how you make decisions. When it gets hard or you don’t do it “perfectly”, you can just blame everything else going on around you.
- All or Nothing Perfectionism. “I have to diet perfectly.” I need to throw out all the junk food. I need to eat at all my favorite restaurants. I need to buy a pretty planner. I need to buy new workout clothes and join a gym. I need to look recipes up on Pinterest and TikTok. I need to meal prep.
- Busy as a Badge of Honor. “There’s too much going on in my life right now. I can’t focus on losing weight. I need to wait until XYZ slows down.” Busy as a badge of honor is a form of distraction. It’s a form of denial. There is no such thing as a perfect time.
The Ways That You Waste Time on the Yo-Yo Diet/Body Hate Shame Cycle
You think that losing weight is going to be time consuming. It’s not. Have you considered what you’re actually wasting your time on?
- Constant guilt and shame about being overweight. The inner fat bitch chatter is loud.
- Arguing with yourself about what to eat/feeling guilty about it later.
- Obsessively researching the next big bullshit diet.
- Scrolling social media feeling bad about yourself because you see other people crushing their weight loss goals or hating on other women.
- Looking up the weight requirements for every single outing.
- Sitting around overeating and binge watching a new series.
- Waiting for the weight.
- Waiting for the “perfect” time when life slow down. There isn’t a perfect time.
Listen To The Podcast Episode!
Head on over and listen to the Irresistible You podcast for this episode and more just like it. You can subscribe with Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, or your fav podcast player on your smartphone. Search for Irresistible You. When you subscribe with a podcast app, make sure you check the settings to get notified when I publish a new episode.
Leave a Podcast Rating & Review
A free way to support the Irresistible You Podcast is by leaving it a five-star rating and review on Apple Podcasts. It’s a chance to tell me what you love about the show and it helps other women discover it, too. Not sure what to say? Simply tell me what you like about the show, how it has changed your life, or what your favorite episode is and why.
Join The Podcast Discussion Group
Are you a member yet? It’s free! Come on over to Facebook and join the discussion for the podcast.
Watch the Podcast on YouTube
Did you know I’m on YouTube? If you prefer to watch the podcast, check it out. Be sure to subscribe and get notified when I publish a new video.
Join the #IrresistibleYou Movement
Use the hashtag #IrresistibleYou on Instagram and across social media to show how you are creating and living an irresistible life. Use the hashtag to search for others who are going through the same journey with us! Plus, I’ll be re-posting and sharing some of my fav photos and stories.
Let’s Stay Connected!
The best place to connect and chat with me is on Instagram and my Irresistible You Podcast Discussion Facebook Group. You can also follow me on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest.