One of my favorite Summertime drinks is a classic Piña Colada. It’s delicious, refreshing, and takes me to the tropics right in my own backyard! The only thing I don’t like about Piña Coladas is the high calories and high Weight Watchers Points. I wanted to find a way to still enjoy one this Summer without wrecking my daily Points Plus allowance. I think I found the secret and I want to share it with you!
The great thing about this recipe is how versatile it is. You can create this to drink on the weekend to blow off some steam OR leave out the alcohol and drink it as a smoothie any time of day!
- One Pineapple
- 1/3 Cup of Lite Coconut Milk. I use either the Thai Kitchen brand below or Blue Diamond Almond Coconut Milk
- 1 Banana
- Bacardi Rum (Optional)
Weight Watchers Points Plus
A typical 6 ounce Piña Colada is about 11 points and let’s face it, nobody has just one! My “skinny” version is only 1 point for the non-alcoholic version . . . or 5 points with rum.
Irresistible Skinny Piña Colada Recipe
You can certainly make these with canned or frozen pineapple. However, there’s nothing like the sweetness of a freshly carved pineapple! If you have the time, I recommend making these inside of a pineapple for extra sweetness!
1. Take a knife and cut off the top of the pineapple like this:
2. Insert the hollow opening of the pineapple corer into the middle of the pineapple and begin turning clockwise while pushing down but don’t cut all the way through.
Chuy is pretending to help but he really just wanted a piece of pineapple!
3. Once you’ve removed the pineapple, the next step is to cut out the core with a knife.
It should now look like this:
4. To make the actual Piña Colada, mix together a cup of fresh pineapple, 1/3 cup Lite Coconut Milk, a banana, and a handful of ice in the blender until smooth and creamy. Of course, you can add in some rum if you would like.
5. Poor the mixture into the empty pineapple and enjoy!