I haven’t posted my weekly weigh in in two weeks. It’s not because I haven’t been weighing in because I have. It’s because of my frustration with my progress. Or lack thereof.
I’ve been really angry about my weigh ins given how much work I’ve been putting into my weight loss efforts. For almost 2 months now, I’ve teetered tottered around the same weight and have barely lost a total of 6 lbs. Even though I’ve ALWAYS struggled with my weight, it’s never been this hard or this frustrating. On top of that I’m doing things now that I never used to do, consistently. For example:
- I weigh and measure every single meal AND track it in my Weight Watchers journal. Even on the weekends!
- I don’t eat out or order take-out multiple times a week. We usually eat out like once (maybe twice) a week.
- When we do eat out, I’m making really good choices. Even my husband noticed that I’ve been consistent with that!
- I don’t go out drinking every single weekend at the club or bar. It’s rare that I even have a drink!
- Since I don’t go clubbing, I’m not eating those 4th meals at 3am.
- I don’t binge on icing and cupcakes.
- I haven’t been binging on anything!
- I wake up early and work out every single week day.
- I meal plan and prep my groceries for the week.
I’m doing ALL the right things and doing them consistently. However, the weight is stuck to my body like glitter in glue. I just don’t get it.
I’ve been frustrated and annoyed that I didn’t even want to blog. That’s a double edged sword because blogging is therapeutic to me. I need to share this story with you guys because I know I’m not the only one going through this.
I even started researching weight loss surgery you guys. SURGERY. What the what?! I don’t want surgery but I’ve felt so hopeless lately. Trust me, this is a LAST resort but I’m not opposed to it.
I’ve considered going back to the doctor to do medically supervised weight loss. It’s worked in the past. I feel like something is wrong with my body ever since my gallbladder was removed. Before it was removed, I was on a roll losing weight. I felt amazing and then BAM!
I honestly can’t even explain how I gained these 40 lbs since last year. I wasn’t depressed. I wasn’t going nuts with binging. I just don’t get it. I’m sick and tired of being sick and tired!
I promised myself I would go back to basics without any medication and see if I could lose the weight on my own. I’ve been trying this for the past six months and NOTHING is working for me. So, I made a decision to see a bariatric doctor tomorrow morning to discuss my options at this point for non-surgical weight loss. Something has to be wrong for me to be struggling this much.
I’ll be sure to fill you in with how that appointment goes!
I just want you to know if you’re going through this, don’t give up hope. I’m not giving up. I’m just looking into other options. If plan A doesn’t work, move on to plan B . . . and sometimes we end up at plan Z. Who cares as long as you’re still in the game and willing to give it your all! xoxo
“When defeat comes, accept it as a signal that your plans are not sound, rebuild those plans, and set sail once more toward your coveted goal.”