I got through the first week of my new weight loss program! Each week I will be sharing my progress pictures, measurements, accomplishments, and areas to work on for the following week.
Week One Measurements
As I mentioned in my last post, I’m only tracking inches lost at this point. I do use a digital body tape measure from Health O Meter as it’s more accurate than a regular tape measure. I do take 3 measurements of each area to make sure I’m being as accurate as possible. Here are my measurements for week one:
- Bust – 48 inches
- Waist – 41.5 inches
- Hips – 54.6 inches
- Thighs – 29.2 inches
- Calves – 17.5 inches
- Arm – 12 inches
- Neck – 14 inches (I measured this wrong last week. Oops)
Each week I will take pictures of myself in the same outfit. It may not look that different week over week, but I want to be able to compare my progress as the inches and months go by. I highly recommend taking before pics of your weight loss. You will hate the pics now but be so grateful for them later! Here is my progress pics for this week:
I Lost Inches!
I was super excited to see that my inches are down from last week! I’m not sure how drastic they are going to be week over week but normally the first week in any weight loss program, I tend to do really well. Here is the snapshot of my starting measurements versus today:
Week One Accomplishments
- Tracked everything I ate in my Weight Watchers food journal. I LOVE that this is on my phone so I never have an excuse.
- Worked out 4 times last week! I just started walking again and doing some basic weight lifting exercises.
- Measured all of my food.
- I did best on the days that I pre-planned my meals the night before. I went ahead and added them to my tracker, so that I didn’t have to think about what to eat.
Game Plan for Next Week
The weekends are the toughest part of the week for me. I tend to go a little crazy and forget to plan ahead like I do during the week. Here are the tings I want to work on this week:
- Plan ahead for the weekend and don’t treat it differently than a week day.
- Start the 30 Day Shred workout plan. This workout has ALWAYS done wonders for me. It really cuts the fat and inches and SCULPTS your body but it’s hard work!
- Track, weigh, and measure all of my food.
- Stay POSITIVE!!!
- THINK before you bite! Is it really worth it?
- Try on my white winter coat. I’ll share more about this later . . .
If you are also on a weight loss journey, leave me a comment below so we can cheer each other on!
“You must take personal responsibility. You cannot change the circumstances, the seasons, or the wind, but you can change yourself.” ~Jim Rohn~