Fashion Friday: Inspiration

Fashion Friday! What Inspires YOU?

1. Which celebrity (celebrities) do you look to for fashion inspiration?

It might sound a bit cliche, but I adore the Kardashian’s style. However, I can only watch them on TV if they are muted. Seriously, each of them has the most annoying, air headed voices. But, their style is hella fierce!

2. When it comes to your own personal style, what inspires you?

I love to see other women with a body type like my own. I’m not inspired when I see super cute fashion on an anorexic model. Beh!

3. How do you hope to inspire your readers?

It goes back to #2. Since, I’m not perfect and I’m no size 2, I hope that inspires other women. It’s ok to have some jiggly parts and still be irresistible. Be YOU. Always.

Screw trying to fit into a cookie cutter. I say through the cookie cutters out and just eat the cookie dough! Life is short.

4. Outside the realm of fashion who/what inspires you?

My parents. They are pretty amazing.

Diamonds inspire me to work harder.

Pretty Things. Enough Said.

5. And since Idol is ending… Which songs inspire you?

You may not believe this. But . . . I don’t watch Idol. Or Dancing with the Stars. I’m actually slightly annoyed by those types of shows. Yup, I said it out loud (or at least wrote it pubicly). O M G, crucify me right now!

A lot of songs inspire me though. I actually use music to help express myself, depending on what I have going on. I like it ALL! I mean everything. From Spanish (Salsa, Merengue, Bachata, Reggaeton, Cumbia) to Hip Hop, R&B, Blues, Pop, Arabic, Samba, Classical, Pop, 80’s, Country. Ok, do you get it yet?

ModlyChic FBFF

Check out Modly Chic to participate in Fashion Friday!

“It is better to be beautiful than to be good. But … it is better to be good than to be ugly.”
~OSCAR WILDE~
Photobucket

Comments

1. says

Ahhh!! I don’t watch those shows either. I think their a bit annoying as well! :) You’re certainly not alone there!!

I love the Kardashian’s style. They never disappoint with their wardrobes!!

2. Ashley says

Fun post even though you’re over AI and DWTS. How dare you?! Lol. I get it though but I still love those shows. I decided to do the link up as well. Thanks for sharing!

3. says

Great blog! I, too, love the Kardashians’ style. I would love their clothing budget! And, don’t worry, I don’t watch Idol or Dancing with the Stars, either!

4. says

I just found your blog from FBFF. What a nice post! The Kardashians are fun to watch on mute! :) They do seem to portray a sense of “be pround of what you’ve got.” I like that.

5. says

What a cute post – I love it because I’m struggling with some self-confidence issues because of my weight, so I love that I know that there are others out there who are working on themselves too!

Love this post and can’t wait to read more :D

6. says

mimi, where you been! i’ve missed you. i had to make sure im following you now so i don’t miss out on anything! and i agree, i hate seeing size 2 models, i just know thats not me and I don’t like looking at models like that anymore- i have come to terms with the fact that i don’t wear a small anymore and i don’t need people to remind me that. i love the kardashians style too, i wrote about them last week! and i got my hair done to look like khloe’s. …but we differ here: im going to watch khloe and lamar tonight because its about her body image issues! :)

anyways, after talking your ear off, i wanted to tell you thanks for commenting! its good to hear from you

7. says

Great blog! I love the finding inspiration from other women. I agree – seeing a “plus size” woman who holds herself well and struts with style….I LOVE IT! I do what I can with my own wardrobe and want to hug and applaud when others do it too! Consider me a follower! :)

8. says

Happy SITS day! I love your mindset on beauty and sort of owning your body type. I’m a curvy plus-size girl, but I also know that even if I lost weight, my body type is CURVY! I wish more designers catered to this body type.

On the Kardashians: I don’t watch them, but I agree with you on their fashion. I can’t remember which one wears Althea Harper designs on occasion, but I have loved her clothes since she was on Project Runway!

9. says

I am sooo with you, I don’t watch any of those stupid Idol, Dancing with the Stars, etc. shows either. We are the minority and I don’t care.;)

10. says

I admire & notice what people are wearing on & off screen, but I always just innately know what looks good on me. I never look for inspiration outside my mind & the stores. Just wish I could sew!

11. says

Great post. Im 5’1″ and clothes are always to long in the leg or sleeves. I would love to see clothes made for a short girl that are trendy and stylish