I am starting a weekly column called, “Wedding Wednesday.”
This is where I will share all the fun updates about our wedding, which is taking place on 10-30-10.
I met with the floral designer today and it was incredibly inspiring! I have always dreamed of my wedding day. I always thought I knew exactly what I wanted. That was . . . until . . .I actually started planning, looking at real money, sticking to a budget, and visualizing the ideas as my reality. Then, I started getting picky, wishy-washy and really just unsure of what I wanted. To the point of pushing this off most nights where this should be fun!
What is wrong with me??!?!!?
I’ve had a general idea of our theme but have had a hard time articulating it or bringing my vision to life. I have yet to speak to any wedding professionals that could do this for me either.
You see, I picked the wedding date for a reason. It was not some random number. Not just because that was when the venue was available.
- Fall is my favorite season.
- October is our favorite month.
- 10 is our favorite number. Ironically, it’s been our favorite number our whole lives. Even before we met!
- Halloween is hands down, OUR favorite holiday. We love to dress up. We love to party. What’s not to love about such a fun day like that? Just imagine the anniversary parties for years to come. I plan on having a shed just for all the Halloween décor!
That said, I wanted our wedding to reflect the season and the day. BUT, without being tacky or too “in your face.” Know what I mean?
I just don’t want skulls, vampires, or anything that’s too “Halloweeny.” It needs to be elegant, classy, but fun. That reflects the two of us, perfectly.
After our meeting today, I was able to walk away with an actual theme, colors, flower scheme, etc.
Here is a sneak peek of inspiration for our big day:
I will also keep you posted with the wedding to-do list because I might need your ideas and insight! Here goes:
- Venue Booked
- Officiant Booked
- Ceremony Booked
- Had initial meeting with wedding planner
- Had initial meeting with event designer
- Met with floral designer
- Called almost all vendors from the Grand Prize Package, I won.
- Meeting with wedding planner, event designer at the venue next week.
- Looking into changing our ceremony site ASAP!
- Researching another DJ that is bilingual in Spanish and understands the music.
- Preparing wedding website.
- Comparing Save the Date magnets, so we can order and ship them out.
Ahhh, the world of wedding planning! It’s overwhelming but fun and exciting. Some of the best advice I received was to enjoy this time in my life and not get stressed by it. One day, I will miss it. Let me know your best wedding planning tips!